Turn-based strategy game based on colors and shapes.
Engine - Arya
- Line strokes for fancy looking primitives
- Sound Use SDL
- Better shader system. Adding a custom part to a shader should not require copying/rewriting the entire shader.
- Particle effects If possible, support for the standard particle effect format
- Set commands with argument and argument types
- Argument parsing so callback gets proper arguments instead of
- Improve speed after completing shader system
- Text rendering Benchmark these options
- Per label, save a list of quads (
Arya::Geometry) and render these every frame
- Per label, prerender text to a texture by first generating quad geometry with
stb_truetype and then using OpenGL Render-To-Texture
- Per label, prerender text to a texture on CPU by using
Search for C++11 networking libraries
Game - Prismer
- Networking integration
- Create event-based system where user input as well as network input goes through the same event handlers
- Event system handles
- Input classes like
GridInput that handle selecting/hovering tiles (
ClientSideEvents ?) are not handled in this way.
- Instead after a tile is selected and a game event is performed then a
GameEvent is sent to the event system.
- Client-Server modularity
- Classes should be designed such that the server can compile the game without linking to the graphics engine
- Information like
hovered should preferably be in a client-only component of
Tile or Client subclass of